1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than the moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wear this -- ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello?!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
22. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
25. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear get dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
28. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
29. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'll bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
30. My 'check engine' light has been on for three months now and nothing's happened. I'm starting to think that my car is just lonely.
31. Sometimes I pretend not to remember details about people because having a good memory apparently equates to creepiness.
32. My GPS says "Estimated Arrival Time." I see "Time to Beat."
33. Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary
34. My keyboard needs a removable crumb tray like my toaster.
35. What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
36. I wish it were appropriate to say to a complete stranger, "Excuse me, would you like me to show you how to discipline your child?"
37. I never understood why the Lions and Cowboys always get to play on Thanksgiving. Shouldn't the Patriots play the Redskins, and then steal their stadium afterwards?
38. Double-Stuffed Oreos should just be called Oreos, and regular Oreos should be called Diet Oreos
My personal favorites are....1, 4, 6, 12, 22 and 24...how 'bout you???
Monday, September 27, 2010
I made this recipe this past weekend when my Dad and sister were in town. I am originally from Buffalo and whenever I'm home I always have to have this from one of my favorite restaurants...a diner in town, Alton's. It is super EASY!! My greek next door neighbor taught me how to make homemade tzatziki (a greek yogurt-cucumber dip) from scratch...but I cheat and get it from Costco.
I use Kraft Greek vinaigrette dressing to marinade the chicken in....and Paul Newman's Olive oil and vinegar dressing for the salad.
All you do is marinade your chicken overnight......I bake my in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, then finish it off on the grill...I like to do it this way because it seems like the chicken doesn't dry out as much. I purchase pitas from Costco. They are pocket-less pitas from Kontos...but you can use any kind. Warm them up in the microwave for 30 seconds or so...then make your salad....I just use romaine lettuce. Top it with feta, kalamata olives, onions, pepperocini's, the grilled chicken and dressing. Put a few dollops of the tzatziki on your plate with the pitas and Voila! It's delicious!!
It's always been my dream to travel to Greece....hopefully someday, but for now I can just enjoy a little chicken souvlaki in my own kitchen.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
I'd like to show you my new favorite makeup! My sister in law got me turned onto Revlon's Colorstay eyeliner in Blackberry...then I tried their 12 hour eyeshadow in nude elements...which Cindylou snitched from me and I had to replace. I'm not a huge makeup girl.....usually just some bronzer/blush, lipgloss and mascara for weekdays. But since I recently got my hair done for the first time in FOR.EVER I've been taking a few extra minutes on making myself look spiffy. So over the last few weeks I've collected 3 more eyeshadows and eyeliners in charcol, and navy. And I didn't have an appropriate brush to apply it close to the lashes on my upper lid, so I stopped in Sally's Beauty Supply and while I was in there I found the PER.FECT shade of nude lip liner and lipstick. I was soooo happy, I've been looking for one for a while now. It doesn't take much to make the treatgirl a happy girl!
First let me start off by saying, I DO NOT give those people that take pictures of food for cookbooks enough credit!! Seriously, this casserole looks really yummy in person....in this picture....not so much.
Anyhoo...my real life friend Bragarmar gave me this recipe at football practice a few weeks ago and I've been waiting to try it. My whole family really liked it....I changed it just a smidge by adding fresh cilantro...because I had it, and it sounded mexican-y....and I used a handy dandy roaster chicken from Costco instead of cooking the chicken myself.....yes, the umpteenth reason for loving roaster chickens!!
Well.....here we go.....
2 cups uncooked radiatore pasta
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 Tbsp. butter
2 (10-3/4 oz) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 (4.5 oz) cans chopped green chilies, undrained
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
chopped cilantro...according to your taste
4 cups chopped cooked chicken...this is where I used a roaster chicken from Costco!
1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and set aside. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook the onion and celery in butter until tender; about 4 minutes.
2. In a large bowl combine the soup, sour cream, chilies, cilantro, onions, celery, pepper and chicken. Stir in cooked pasta. Pour mixture into a 3 qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray.
3.Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake until melted. Makes 6-8 servings.
Monday, September 20, 2010
When I asked Cubby about what I found in his bathroom today...he said, "Oh yeah, that's my Topsy Turvey"....I told him that was for tomatoes.....and he said, "OOoohh, that's my Touch n'Brush".......Do you think he may be watching too much T.V.??? Apparently the marketing people are doing their job!!! But I do find it quite clever that he made his own Touch n'Brush out of his brothers sticky thing to hold his Axe to the shower wall. No excuses for not brushing his teeth now :)
Friday, September 17, 2010
This week I am featuring my new ipod and super.cute cupcake earbuds. I KNOW! CUPCAKE earbuds!!!! For REALS! Perfect for the treatgirl! I want to thank my truly wonderful friend for giving me the ipod last week.....I've never had one all my own. She got a new one and knows that I am VERY musically challenged...usally just listening to Bruce Springsteen and christmas music during the holiday season.... so I am sooo happy to have it fully loaded with awesome music to run to. I haven't been able to get to all of my favorite classes at the Y everyday with football season in full swing, so I've had to resort to running to get a bit of cardio in when I can't make it to class. ( And anyone who knows me, knows I would rather stick hot pokers in my eyes than run! ) I was complaining that I had to listen to Cubby's little ipod with Spongebob and Alvin and the Chipmunks on it :( Not exactly inspiring to run to.....so I am thrilled to be running to music that gets me going. I found the earbuds today at Michael's....what will they think of next???!
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Cubby needs to be early....I think it all stems back to the day in the beginning of kindergarten when he got a tardy slip the day our neighbor was driving. She often was running late and it totally stressed him out. He HAS to be early! So ever since then he is constantly asking me what time it is, how many more minutes until we need to leave, are we going to be early or just on time? With football practice 5 nights a week he is crazy about it....practice starts at 6pm...but he wants to be the first one on the field, so we have to get there by 5:25pm...And now with riding the bus to school in the morning he is again almost 35 minutes early every morning...he stands out there all alone until some other kids start showing up around 15 minutes before the bus comes. They have assigned seats, so it doesn't matter if he is first in line or not...anywhoo......for now I stand and drink my coffee outside on the corner. We'll see what happens when the weather gets cold and snowy. Wish me luck!
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Take a moment and enjoy the sunrise....before the busy day kicks in...stop and revell in it's beauty....gather your thoughts and all that you are thankful for...I have so many it seems these days...but for the first time in FOR.EVER I have nothing written on the calendar for today, so I think I will finally have some hours to play in my craft room and visit all of my bloggy friends. Enjoy this beautiful day everyone.....they are all a gift!
Friday, September 10, 2010
I love this gift my real life friend Jennifer Juniper every day....you may recall when she gave it to me for my birthday last year when us soul sisters had our first smackdown......if not, click HERE to enjoy the fun. She is truly amazing....soooooooo crafty and artsy....full of fun and great ideas. Her kids are THE.LUCKIEST to have her as a mom and I strive to be like her everyday. If you haven't checked out her blog pop over to my side bar and click on HopeStudios......also, she has a fabulous Etsy shop and you can have her handpaint you an original piece as well......click HERE to see yourself. Have a beautiful day!!!!
Thursday, September 9, 2010
That's what my real life friend Bragarmar is....soooooo sweet! She knows I have had the worst weeks of my life recently and look what she treated me to...a super.duper cute cupcake with a candle! Isn't it adorable?? I placed it on one of my little cupcake plates and it just makes me smile.
She also said these reminded me of her......a cupcake memopad and magnet for my fridge. I looooooove them all! I haven't been baking any cupcakes, or making dinner, crafting, exercising, cleaning,blogging, reading my bloggy friends blogs (I apologize for not stopping by lately....I hope to be back in the swing of things soon) or actually doing much of anything......so these little treats have really brightened my day. Thank you dear friend.
Look how cute it is sitting next to Minnie. So why don't you treat a friend today...you know they'll love you for it!
Friday, September 3, 2010
This post is especially emotional and difficult for me. This week I am featuring a cross that I got from my mother in law. She lost her 3 year battle with ovarian cancer on August 24th. She was the most loving wife, mother, friend, aunt and sister. She never missed an opportunity to help or have fun. We all miss her so much already. After the funeral my father in law shared pieces of jewelery that Mum had picked out for all of the girls in the family...his daughter, us sister in laws and the girl grandchildren. There were other things she wanted us to have and I chose this cross. I truly believe that with God all things are possible. Each and every time I look at it I will cherish her beautiful memories in my heart and know that she is smiling down on us all from heaven.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Today was Cubby's first day of First grade. He was thrilled and I was devastated. My baby will gone away from me all day. I've been dreading it from the time he was in kindergarten....and have shed tears since before school let out last year. Yes, I am a crier when my kiddos go back to school. I'm not one of those who are happy about the kids going back. I just don't like them spending more time with their teachers and friends than with me. No more fun outings, sleeping in, watching movies, playing outside, riding bikes and going out to lunch. I'm sure I will get adjusted and get used to it.....but I still don't like it.