Thursday, August 27, 2009

a picnic lunch



With just a week to go until school starts we've been trying to fit it all in....and needless to say cleaning the house has pretty much gone by the wayside...but today "Cinderella" (ME!!) got a wild hair up her butt to clean the "castle"...the troops helped for a bit in the morning, but when they were hungry for lunch I was on a major roll...and a tight time schedule to get stuff done....Cubby suggested a picnic and they got busy in the kitchen. The menu consisted of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pretzels and oreos. yummy.yum.yum!!! They packed it up in my handy picnic basket and took off....T. claimed the hat he's wearing is his "lucky picnic hat"?????




...down the trail that runs behind the houses on our street.



It looks like we live in MAJOR farm country....but truly we don't!! This house near us just happens to have a few random shaggy cows that roam around....




Of course I had to follow them...and sneak a few pictures of their picnic...well, I got to the end of the trail, which is where I thought they'd set up camp and they weren't there. So I stopped and listened...and heard their conversation. I back tracked a bit and spied them in the woods. If you squint your eyes...you can almost make out all three of them in their little spot. I almost wanted to join them...but they were loving being out all alone...and I loved it for them!!

7 comments:

Denise @ Life on Stepping Stone Lane said...

A picnic sounds so good right now!! But unfortunatly for me I have to join you in the ranks of Cinderella!!

alittlebitofscrap said...

It sounds so sweet. I like the photos. :)

Joy Beadworks said...

I would have snuck off and followed them too!!

sassy said...

how lucky you all are for soooo much room to roam!

Anonymous said...

Your posts make me smile...What a great Mom you are! It shows in the closeness of your kids! BTW made the zucchini soup...Fabulous!!!
Tam

GerberaGirl said...

So Cute...it was far too cold and rainy here for a picnic :(

Jennifer Juniper said...

I just clicked on the pic to make it big and I can see Cindy Lou clear as day off in a woodsy nook. So cute!