Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snowflakes



Happy Winter! Winter has finally made it to my neck of the woods...what a crazy season it's been??? Temps in the 50's and no snow. I truly wanted a white Christmas....but no such luck. But last week we finally had some real flakes. I love snowflakes....and I keep them around all winter...Here, let me show you...I found these big ones, hanging in my great room windows, at the Dollar Tree. I got enough to hang in all my back windows and sliding glass door in my kitchen.



This is a new treasure of mine...and SHOCKER! I got it at my Goodwill :) If you've been around here before, you know I loooooove my Goodwill. I actually got this last summer, out of season, for $3.99. Aren't the snowflakes just perfect? And the little feet on it make it seem so much more special.



Here's a better picture of it. I know when it's time to pack it away for the season I will be sad.



After I hung the snowflakes in my big windows, the window above my sink seemed lonely. I found these felt snowflakes with glitter on them at A.C. Moore craft store up in Buffalo when I was home for a quick weekend visit the first weekend in December.



Three pretty snowflakes in my vase of winter greens on the mantle.



And a favorite, sparkly snowflake on my snowman tree I leave up all winter.



A Sparkling Snow Yankee Candle in a silver snowflake candle holder gives a cozy glow.




A trio of little candles....



And look at the snowflake tree topper....



...it sets off my tree just nicely :)



And even snowflakes on the sliding glass doors in the family room downstairs. You see...the Treatgirl is still a Buffalo girl at heart and will always love the snow. Stay cozy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute winter decorating! And that's a great Goodwill find!