Friday, November 21, 2008

so much to be thankful for


This is a picture that Cub made last year at preschool..........he brought it home and I had to frame it....I love framing stuff the kids make me ...it makes it so much more special and important......the blessing on it says:
We fold our hands,
We bow our heads,
We thank you God for daily bread.
Amen
I have so many wonderful blessings to be thankful for every year and I always like to stop and think about them at this time of the year....our lives always seem so crazy, and getting crazier by the day....and sometimes I feel like I just can't keep up....but the other day as I was rushing around making lists for my lists....it dawned on me what a blessing that all is......I have such a wonderful family and such treasured friends....we are healthy and happy.......and so much of what I do every day is for all of them.......if it weren't the doing and helping of others what would my day be like?????.......very solitairy and boring are a few adjectives that come to mind......so at this time I'm very thankful for the most important things.....family, friends and health.....thank you all for keeping me crazy busy every day!!!! :)
.....also,I want to share a new favorite recipe ....a friend shared it with us a few years ago.....and now I can't imagine Thanksgivning without it!!!...Cranberry Relish.
4 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup chopped oranges
1 cup chopped apples...I leave the peels on
1/4 cup raisins
1 Tbsp. white vinegar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
2 cups sugar
Bring all ingredients to a boil, stirring a lot....simmer 30 mins. Let cool. Chill in container.

No comments: