Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Cindy Lou!!!!!!!!



Dear Cindy Lou,
I can't believe it has been FOURTEEN years since the night you were born!! I can remember it like it was yesterday....every moment....right down to me begging Daddy to order a pizza for me because I knew they'd stop delivering at midnight and I KNEW I would be star.ving as soon as you popped out!!! Before you were born I remember seeing an article in Life magazine about a Dad who took his daughters picture in a one piece black bathing suit every year until she was and adult. The pictures of her in it were amazing to see.....to see her grow into it a little more each year until it fit her perfectly....posing like a super model in it. I tucked it into my brain for "someday"...and when you were born I knew I would do this with you too.....although the bathing suit idea didn't appeal to me....I chose my jean jacket from the Gap. Here you are on your first birthday... I apologize in advance for the quality of these following pictures. I never got a lesson on how to scan pictures into my laptop ( I've never claimed to be a computer geek!! :) And Chip was watching the Steeler game and wouldn't show me how...so I just took a picture of the pictures with my camera....they didn't turn out too, too bad....Anyway, it was a beautiful day and I snapped this in the backyard.




You are four years old in this picture. You wore that tiara ALL WEEK!!! EVERYWHERE! We were in Dairy Queen ordering your cake and a complete stranger gave you a dollar because you looked cute in your tiara. I just love the way the jacket almost comes to your ankles!!!!



Wow! Seven years old.......we were on our way to the mall to get your ears pierced. Gigi was with us and we met Aunt Lease, MoMo, NeeNee and Sammy for dinner afterward. You were so startled and cried very hard for a few minutes, but then you looooovved having them pierced.




Gracie wanted to pose with you when you were eight...you two are soooo cute.




Awwwhhhh.....and this is when you were 12....the year you got your bunny Bella and your braces.



Sweetie, I can't belive how faaaaaaast the years have flown by....please just stay the wonderful daughter you have always been!! Here is this years edition of the jean jacket picture. Thanks for playing along with me :)



You've been wanting an Edible Arrangement for a looong time....but I refuse to pay $60 for fruit....so I made one for you :) I learned a lot on my first attempt....



.......but you looooooooveeeedd it!! When I told you I made it, you couldn't believe it!! Tonight is the Taylor Swift concert and I KNOW YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST!! Happy Birthday Cindy Lou........I love you, Mommy x0x0x0x0x0x

7 comments:

mom of 4 boys! said...

Ok Pam. You seriously just made me CRY reading this post as I walk at the YMCA!!! I think that post is my absolute favorite ! How sweet she looked from day 1 on..... And boy has that put it into perspective for me about how fast the kiddos grow! I am holding onto my 4 for dear life and don't want them to grow up. Happy birthday to your first born. I can't believe my Noah is 10!! Take care my friend.

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

Happy Birthday to your Cindy Lou!What a wonderful idea! Adorable through the years and sweet how she brought her own "thing" that was a part of her at each stage. What a very impressive edible arrangement! I took pics for the first day of school at the same spot each year...sadly only 1 out of 3 (he's 15)was there this year! Time goes by tooooo fast. Enjoy!
~Nancy

Unknown said...

what a darling idea. and i like the jean jacket much better that a swimsuit. we don't need reminded how quickly they are developing also, just growing!

Barbara said...

Awww Happy Birthday Cuz!!!! Pam give her a big hug for me. :) See you guys soon though. About a month!!!!! Yay!!!! Oh and have a great time at the concert tonight!!!! Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

I adore how you've documented her growing up. Many happy returns to your girl!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I do love the jean jacket pics and I think she looks just the same as that first photo, just more hair!

Joy Beadworks said...

I love the jacket idea! I wish I had thought about something like that. Happy B-Day Cindy Lu!