Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Thankful Jar



As you all probably have figured out by now...I have a thing for jars....and I loooooovve this one! I just had to share it with you.....Stop over and visit Happy Mama to see my inspiration. Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays for several reasons....It is in my favorite season...and I looooooovvve me a fabulous turkey dinner, I even had it for my wedding! And I respect that it is subtle and humble....just prompting us to seek what we are truly thankful for...to spend it with our family and friends. This is a very simple project...just a jar....I embellished it a bit...




....then wrote up little cards with things we are thankful for on them...with suggestions of things to show our thankfullness. Every day have someone pick a card, reflect on it and then perform what the card suggests to help show through our actions what things in life really matter...Quite simple.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

What a great idea! My card would read "I'm thankful for my soul sisters." And the suggested action would be to go on a fun weekend together!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! I am going to switch it up a bit and have everyone write down what they are thankful for at the end of each day. Then we can read them all at our Thanksgiving dinner :)

Today, I am thankful for my friend Pam for all the fun ideas she inspires!

xoxo
Cat

Anonymous said...

That is super cute--I'm thankful for bloggy friends who enrich my life with their better ideas!

Wendy said...

Looks great! I like how you did the twine and leaves so cute! Thanks for linking me :)

prashant said...

I am thankful for my friend Pam for all the fun ideas she inspires!
Work from home India