Monday, January 17, 2011

Baking with Marzipan



I was so excited to bake with my dear friend Marzipanmom last week. I have been obsessing over THIS and don't trust myself to have it actually turn out....so Marzipan was so wonderful to offer to have me come over and watch over me while I tried it myself.



We got things mixed and spinning....



Oh, and a few other sisters came along too.....Joy and Jennifer Juniper shared a cup of tea while I got my lesson.



Check this out! Marzipan has a little scale that makes sure all of the layers are the same size. This totally amazed me!!



Oh, and look how pretty it looks out the kitchen window with the snowflakes gently coming down.



We got them in the oven and they turned out beautifully. I couldn't have been happier.



Then we were off to lunch at a cute little cafe nearby while they cooled. We all had to have the truffle french fries...they were amazing and I can't wait to go back for more :)



Marzipan gave me the buttercream frosting lesson a while ago and I've become quite proficient at it....but she taught me to wrap my cakes in plastic wrap and freeze them before frosting them....this works terrific! No crumbs! And apparently everyone knows the trick of placing a few pieces of wax paper under the cake so you don't get frosting all over your cake stand.



Ta-daa!!! I'm so happy!!!!!! I served it to friends after watching the Steelers beat the the Baltimore Ravens Saturday night......and I've been eating it every day since then. YUM!! Thank you so much again Marzipan! Go Steelers!!!!!!

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Beautiful! Come on down to Marzipan's Pastry School anytime!!

Joy Beadworks said...

We have the best fun, don't we. Is the carrot cake a seperate post? Cuz it easily could be! Your cake looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

How fun--that cake turned out really nice, too.

Jennifer Juniper said...

It turned out great! A two cake and one muffin afternoon :)

sassy said...

lucky girl! truffle fires...mmmm!
I know you love football have you heard of football oreos? So Cool!
http://bethproudfoot.blogspot.com/ this is where I saw them, thought you'd love them too! (I'll keep my eye out in Canada but I am guessing they are a states thing!)