Sunday, January 23, 2011

Scrappin' Away.......



I went away for a scrapbook weekend...officially called a "crop" in the scrapbooking world. I had mixed feelings about going actually...I can't believe I haven't scrapbooked in MONTHS....I thought I had almost forgotten how....and there is just so much you have to pack up and take with you. Well, at least I do....I always think I need EVERYTHING....I have to get better at this ...as you can see from this picture.



There were 17 of us who met Friday night at a retreat center......I actually only knew the girl who organized it...which was fine...I didn't waste much time socializing. I unpacked my stuff and got busy.



I have to confess, I'm not the most organized or neat person when it comes to scrapbooking. I kinda get my stuff all over the place.....which is soooooooo not like the treatgirl. But that's the way I do it....then every now and then I clean up a bit. It works for me.



Look how happy I am!



I actually didn't get as many pages done as I had hoped for...shocker! I never do....but I did learn a lot which was really important too....



I feel much more confident about the Cricuit I got last year. I actually didn't bring mine because I knew several girls were bringing theirs. And seeing as though I only have two cartridges for it....I figured I would just borrow everyone else's. Scrappers loooooooove to share their stuff!! Now I'm seeing I am more of a "font" girl....I want to use my Cricuit more for making the titles for my pages....not so much all of the little shapes....characters etc....girls were spending HOURS making Santas and Winnie the Poohs.....at some point I would just have to be happy getting stickers for these kinds of things. But I also realized I truly need a Xyron too...the glue stick wasnt' cutting it anymore to put my letters together I was making from the Cricuit.

A girl across from me got me into stickling too.....I can't wait to get my hands on some of that glitter stuff. I also learned this is so much easier than using stamps, a glue pad and Martha Stewarts whole glitter collection.....of course they are beautiful, but the stickling is waaaaay easier and neater!

I also busted out an edge and corner punch I got forever ago and played with it...got the hang of that too...

But most importantly, the crop weekend got me on a roll again......a much needed jumpstart. I'm rearing to go over here.....right after I cheer the Steelers on to a big win over the Jets!!!! Let's go STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See you in the Super Bowl, girlfriend! What fun to have a scrappy weekend. My neighbor gal just did that very thing this weekend too!

Deanna said...

Looks like a great get-away!