Monday, January 24, 2011
Buffalo Chicken and Potatoes
Okay.....I'm putting it out there right away. This is NOT gourmet people. Truly, it's not....but my whole family loooooved it! I came across it on the internet...and thought I'd try it because my family loves anything "Buffalo Chicken".
The ranch dressing and cream of celery soup in it offsets the spice from the buffalo wing sauce in a satisfying meat and potatoes casserole. So here we go......
1 1/2- 2lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips
1/3 cup Franks Buffalo wing sauce
6 cups frozen (thawed) southern-style hash brown potaotes
1 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing....I used blue cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 can (10 oz.) cream of celery soup
1 cup corn flake crumbs
3-4 Tbsp. melted butter
4-5 chopped green onions
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together chicken strips and wing sauce.
3. In a large bowl, stir together potatoes, dressing, cheese and soup. Spoon into baking dish. Place chicken strips in a single layer over potatoe mixture.
4. In a small bowl, stir together the crumbs and the butter. Sprinkle over the top.
5. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes; uncover and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and chicken is fully cooked. Sprinkle with green onions.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1:05 hr. mins.
Makes 6 servings.
I served it with a tossed salad.....Yummy!!