Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Crochet Lesson



I just can't express how happy I was to have a dear friend agree to come over and give me and Jennifer Juniper a crochet lesson last week. I've been wanting to learn for a long time now....well, actually I knew how when I was very little, but couldn't remember...

I have a huge bin of leftover yarn...not enough of any one color or kind to make anything out of. I came across the idea a while ago to make a "one-a-day" quilt out of granny squares. The premise being you make one square a day, and when you have enough....you sew them into a blanket. Granny squares are the perfect thing to use up leftover yarn...I just needed to know how to crank them out!



My friend came over prepared with sample granny squares, yarn and crochet hooks...ready to teach us. This is the very beginning of my first square.



Our lesson went great...our teacher was so patient and wonderful...



...sitting between us helping us along as we made mistakes. And then as we got the hang of it I could see how this was this was going to be a new crafty thing I was going to love!



Look!!!! My very first granny square...I love it for me! I can't wait to get going on my one -a- day blanket....I'm going to practice for a while here and there for the next several weeks...and hopefully in January I'll be in full swing. Thank you, Thank you Sondie for taking your morning and giving me new passion!



1 comment:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Me and my youngest son are now crochet addicted!