Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Nemacolin



Did you know the Treatgirl slipped away with Chip for a few days last week? It was wonderful!!!! Now that a few of the kiddos are teenagers it is SO hard to spend any time with just EACH OTHER. Chip had a work related thingy at an AMAZING resort about an hour and a half from where we live, and invited me to tag along. I promptly lined up my Dad to come and keep the troops in line over here and away we went!



Nemacolin is truly wonderful....every detail is accounted for and you truly feel like you are being pampered and "away"! Here is the view of the Chateau when we pulled up....This is the main part of the resort. We've been here several times before....and I still feel so special when I get here :)



Right away I spotted a little sun room off the main lobby where I camped out with my knitting while Chip checked in and got situated.



Oh, and here's Chip taking care of business :)



They've been busy over at Nemacolin getting ready for the holidays...here is a view of the lobby all decked out with a tree and other pretty things.



After an afternoon of relaxing while Chip was busy doing stuff....we had a few cocktails and got ready for an evening out. I got a new camera a few months ago and I figured out the self-timer :)



The next morning before we headed back to reality we walked around and checked out all of the animals they have...



...bears....



...A white lion, and ....



...a white buffalo too! It was so great to get away for a little bit before the rush of the holidays is here....but I'm already looking forward to next time!! :)

2 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I've been waiting to hear all about it! We'll catch up at kickboxing this morning :)

Wendy said...

Yay for slippin' away! :) Hope you had a great thanksgiving!