Monday, April 30, 2012

Ya Gotta Love Coconut Cake

Soooooooooooo GOOD!! I was organizing my pantry a few weeks ago and came across THREE bags of coconut???! So like any good girl, I went on Pinterest to find a recipe to make with it. I found this oh-so-yummy instant favorite over here.
The recipe needs Coconut Milk (Found in the Hispanic section) and Coconut Cream (Found in the mixed drink section).
Ok. So here we go......... Ingredients: 1 box Betty Crocker white cake mix (The girl who invented this said a box mix worked much better than making it from scratch) 1 1/4 cup coconut milk 1 can cream of coconut 8 oz. container of Cool Whip (This was NOT enough for the Treatgirl, and I used a BIG container) 1 cup flaked coconut (Also, not enough for the Treatgirl...I used a lot more :) Directions: 1. Prepare cake mix according to the directions on the box, substituting coconut milk for the water in the mix. Bake in a 9x13" pan. 2. While the cake is still warm, poke holes all over the cake. 3. Warm cream of coconut for 1 1/2 minutes on HIGH in the microwave and pour over the cake. Chill. 4. Frost with container of thawed Cool Whip. Sprinkle with flaked coconut. Keep refrigerated. *********OK. Once again, I REALLY, REALLY DO NOT LIKE this new BLOGGER AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't figure out why I type my directions out all lined up to the left....and they keep turning out all in a paragraph like that?????? aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhh!!! ************** Oh, and I'm linking up to Jennifer Juniper's Tutorial Tuesday Linky party...Check it out......ALWAYS tons of great stuff!

1 comment:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I love coconut! I love cake! I love everything about this!