Friday, December 12, 2008

shake! shake! shake!


Martini anyone???....how cute are these glasses????....and really super easy to make!....the perfect little gift...I just got the glasses at my local Dollar Store and beaded them up!....take some very thin silver wire....the kind that comes on a little spool...about 3 feet long.....wrap it around the bottom of the stem once and twist it into place....then just thread your beads on....I do about 6 or 7 inches and then wrap it around, then take the wire and wrap it around the beads a little bit to hold it into place....then load some more beads on and continue until you get to the top of the stem.....when you're finished wrap the wire around a few times and secure it...Voila!!!...the possibilities are endless...wine glasses, serving utensils, the handles on a pretty tray.....a treat for you or a friend!......and here are a few scrumptious martini recipes to get you started......

Key Lime
2 oz. Vanilla Vodka
1 oz. Malibu Rum
a splash of lime juice
and a splash of pineapple juice
....combine in a shaker with ice.

Snowman Martinis
Same amounts of Vanilla Vodka and clear Creme De Cacao. Add half and half to taste--shake! shake! shake! over ice :) sprinkle with cinnamon

Pomegrante
2 oz.Citron Vodka
1 oz. Cointreau
3 oz. pomegrante juice
Shake with ice and enjoy!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

I don't think I've ever had a martini - maybe a martini party is in order here! Cute glasses!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I really loved these glasses :) I still drink out of mine every chance I get!

Wendy said...

LOVE these! I've seen them in stores for gazillions of dollars ;) Now I can make my own... and try out some new recipes....:)