Sunday, February 14, 2010

Anniversary/Valentine's Day Recap



Let's just start out by saying the past four days have been amazing......they started out by me freaking out ....but I once I settled down and knew the kiddos made it out to Vail safe and sound the fun started!! I kinda promised Chip I wouldn't turn on my laptop, blog, check other blogs or twitter the whole time the kiddos were gone...it would just be our time together...well, if you were checking my blog or facebook you probably noticed I was sneaking in some tweets from my Blackberry while we were on our little roadtrip :) Thursday night he had a dinner program with doctors about 4 hours away so I rode with him....he had some things to do so I went to the mall across the street from the hotel. It was kinda weird because I felt like I was having deja vu until I realized it was the same hotel and mall I used to go to when I was a flight attendent on overnights....I shopped and treated myself to some new workout shoes and a killer pair of black patent pumps.....which I needed for Saturday night...and a few other cute things from NY and Co. Then Chip and I went to dinner alone after his doctor thing....it was sooooo nice!!! Then back to the hotel...I brought candles.....

Before we headed home the next morning I got a manicure and pedicure....and we found a cute little cafe for lunch. Can you start to see a trend here??? My intent was NOT to cook AT ALL for the whole four days!! We got home about 7:30 and picked up Chinese food on the way...then we watched the Penguins game and the opening ceremonies of the olympics. Candles...champagne..................seeing a trend here too???????

In the morning I had a few errands.....then I was off to my massage...A.MAZ.ING....and when I came back he had gotten me a pretty rose and some chocolates.



......then I gave myself this cute little cupcake necklace :) I knew if he had seen it first he would have gotten it for me...cough. cough. :) We had more champagne and candles.................then went to a FAB.U.LOUS dinner up on Mt. Washington...you can see the whole city of Pittsburgh glittering right in front of you...it was wonderful!!!!!!




I had told him about this decedent chocolate cake they have at Costco....and on Valentine's morning he brought one home for me....just me......remember the kiddos are away...7 lbs. and four layers of CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!



....then more of this :) These are the champagne flutes we had for our wedding.....of course heart shaped!!! We use them every year....



Then off to see the Valentine's Day movie......if you didn't get to see it with your sweetie or a girlfriend over the holiday weekend.....BE SURE you do! It was GREAAAAAAT!!! Chip even enjoyed it!!! SUPER CUTE.....go see it!!!! We had dinner after the movie and headed home to watch more olympics.

It was an amazing four days......I loved every minute of it!! I felt like a princess and wouldn't have changed a thing....except I wish all of the eating out, chocolate cake and champagne didn't have any calories :( But it was worth it!! I'll just work harder at the gym....got that Tam?????? Thanks.

4 comments:

Southern Belle Mama said...

Your Valentine's weekend sounds like it was wonderful! That necklace is perfect!! ...also champagne and that cake (oh my gosh that cake) sounds like the perfect way to celebrate!

Joy Beadworks said...

What an awesome weekend! I wish hubby and I could just let go of everything like you did and just enjoy.

Wendy said...

What a WONDERFUL weekend! I sounds so.. relaxing, fun and romantic! Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I'm smiling FOR you--what a way to be treated!