Wednesday, September 15, 2010

He Has to be Early



Cubby needs to be early....I think it all stems back to the day in the beginning of kindergarten when he got a tardy slip the day our neighbor was driving. She often was running late and it totally stressed him out. He HAS to be early! So ever since then he is constantly asking me what time it is, how many more minutes until we need to leave, are we going to be early or just on time? With football practice 5 nights a week he is crazy about it....practice starts at 6pm...but he wants to be the first one on the field, so we have to get there by 5:25pm...And now with riding the bus to school in the morning he is again almost 35 minutes early every morning...he stands out there all alone until some other kids start showing up around 15 minutes before the bus comes. They have assigned seats, so it doesn't matter if he is first in line or not...anywhoo......for now I stand and drink my coffee outside on the corner. We'll see what happens when the weather gets cold and snowy. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

mom of 4 boys! said...

Oh Pam that is too funny!!!! I wait for my boys to leave the door until the last moment....I think I do that mostly so it decreases the amount of time they could get into trouble waiting on the bus (not mentioning any names...justin....did I just say that??!!)

Anonymous said...

And mine are already running late. *sigh*

Joy Beadworks said...

Oh Cubby--He wouldn't do well in our house. I'm not proud, I'm just saying...

Deanna said...

That is too cute!

Wendy said...

Oh my that is sooo funny! Hopefully he out grows that a little bit when he starts dating... HA! Yep, good luck to you when the weather turns ~ YIKES!