Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Four-Cheese Pasta Florentine



This is a super quick and easy weeknight dinner......and everyone liked it, whoo hoo!! Bonus :) I made a few changes along the way to make it a little healthier. Here is what you need:

3 cups of mostaccioli, uncooked
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
4 oz. Cream cheese, cubed....I used fat free
1 cup cottage cheese....again, I used fat free
2 eggs
1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesean cheese



Here's how to make it:

HEAT the oven to 375 degrees.

COOK past as directed on package. Meanwhile, cook the spinace as directed on the pacage; drain well. Place in a large bowl. Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Make sure it's a LARGE bowl....because you mix in the pasta later....and mine wasn't big enough :(



DRAIN pasta. Add to spinach mixture with mozzarella; mix lightly. Spoon into 8 or 9 inch baking dish......this wasn't big enough for me, I put it in a 11x13...top with parmesean. I also sprinkled some Mrs. Dash on too.

Bake 25 minutes or until center is set.



It has been dreary here all day and my finished product picture didn't turn out that great....especially being later in the day. But it sure was tasty! Pair it with a salad and it was a hit!

I'm linking up over at my friend Jennifer Junipers linky party......check it out she gets THE MOST AMAZING stuff over there!!!!!!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

This looks delicious! And it's making me hungry!