Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Brickle Drop Cookies



Ok, I have to be honest...I had no intentions of making these cookies. I was to be leaving for the retirement dinner for 250 people that I was helping with in an hour and Cindylou flitted in to say she needed to bake cookies and decorate them with constellations on top for extra credit points for her Global Science class the next morning. REALLY??? She already had two finals she was supposed to be studying for, and make an appearance at this dinner...so, being a nice mom...I said I'd bake her the cookies and she could decorate them. Well, I've had this bag of Heath english toffee bits in my stash for a while and thought we'd try the recipe on the back. They were pretty yummy....but next time I think I might cut down on the toffee bits and throw some chocolate chips in...Here's the recipe if you'd like to give them a whirl:

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 1/3 cup Heath Bits O'Brickle (8 oz. package)

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheet. (I didn't do this....I just use my wonderful Silpat mats :)
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in large bowl until blended. Add eggs; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar; gradually add to butter mixture; beating until blended. Stir in toffee bits.
3. Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned ...cool slightly, remove to wire rack. Cool completely. About 6 dozen cookies.

Today is Tutorial Tuesday over at my real-life friend Jennifer Juniper's blog....I'm linking up....do you have anything you can teach her???? Hop over and link up to her little party...it's always fun!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anything with toffee's bound to be good...