Friday, August 26, 2011

Favorite Friday



Happy Friday peeps! These summer days seem to be flying by faster and faster.....I can't believe school starts soon. It seems I just can't get any busier...but with peach season starting to fade I just had to feature them on my little Favorite Friday post.

Peaches remind me of my mother in law. She loved them....in her last days that was all she ate. I've been wanting to try to make a homemade pie crust for years and today is the day. Forever I have been content with the refrigerator brand....but today I am attempting to make a peach pie. I have all of my ingredients and a pastry blender. I've been looking around at all of my friends blogs and studying hard. Cross your fingers for me....I'll let you know how it goes :)

4 comments:

Blogs said...

Peach Pie Sounds divine! I love how we remember those last memories of our loved ones! truly lovely:) our girls had a full week of school already and i'm whooped! enjoy the weekend....make that pie:) xoxo

Wendy said...

Good luck, can't wait to hear how it turns out! Now, I'm hungry for peaches :)

Jennifer Juniper said...

Good luck! Check out Janet's blog (Empty Nest), she had a whole pie series last year and I'll bet she made peach.

Deanna said...

Good luck! I'm only a phone call away if you need anything! Wish I was baking a pie, instead I've been riding in a car for 8 hours! My backside can't wait to get home to my kitchen!