Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Are You Ready for Some Football???



I can't believe football camp is here already??!! Where has the summer gone??? We've been busy having lots of fun :) Cub is excited to be back playing....our practices are 5 nights a week for the first few weeks, and our first game is next Saturday already.



Cub is all fired up for the season to start. I've tried to prepare him we may not make it to the playoffs, or win the Superbowl again....but he isn't listening. The other night on the way home from practice he was so happy that his coaches tapped him on the helmet AND gave him a high five after his turn pushing the sled. It doesn't take much....



He's thrilled that the coaches have picked him to be a running back this season..."That's what I've wanted to do my whole life!" Really??? You're only 7. He's getting good at staying low and wrapping his tackles. And he is very serious about running and sprints. I have to let him know at every water break what place he came in.




They've already had their team pictures, and I'm officially team mom. I take my position seriously:)I have a team roster printed and emailed, I have the lanyards with the roster on one side and the schedule on the other, laminated and ready for our first game. I am working on a little treat for all of the moms and have put together a tshirt/hoodie order for all of the teams...Yikes! And it's only the second week of the season :)



Last night when I was working on stuff Cub was sitting next to me on the sofa. He leaned over and hugged me and said," Thanks for being my team mom". Okay. My heart melted and that makes all of this worth while. There will be many memories from this season, but that will probably be my favorite.

1 comment:

sassy said...

go MOM go! make sure those helmets are on nice and tight!