Monday, January 5, 2009

12 years ago today....

Twelve years ago today my first son was born....my first thought was I can't believe I only pushed 3 times!!!???....and my second thought was, his hair is growing in a perfect circle in the middle of his forehead!!....what a lovely colic he has to this day!.......he was 10lbs and perfect in every way!!.....my daughter was just 15 months old and I remember her stepping over to my hospital bed and leaning in and kissing him.....it was just precious...I brought an adorable little snow suit to bring him home in and I couldn't even zipper it the whole way ...he was busting out of it!....what a good baby he was.....at times I even forgot I had him......I'd come around the corner and be startled to see him in his bassinet!......what a wonderful little guy he was growing into.......I'd often comment though..."what a perfect middle child he would be"......not knowing if I'd have anymore children or not.........years went by and my third surprised us....and he did become the perfect middle one!....he loves being a big brother and took to it immediately....when Cubby was a newborn T. would ask to put his bouncy seat in his room while I took my shower....he'd build trains around it and read him books!.....to this day he loves babies and puppies!......how blessed I am to have such a wonderful, fun loving and healthy son.....how fast the years fly by.......as I often say, "I just want to freeze them!"

4 comments:

mom of 4 boys! said...

I hear you girl! (about the freezing part!) I can't believe N will be 10 this year. I just pray my kids stay happy and healthy. (Parents too!) Have a good day--

Jennifer Juniper said...

Pick and age, wouldn't it be a great gift?

Deanna said...

Isn't motherhood awesome??? Happy Birthday!

Joy Beadworks said...

I'm so glad for you that you have such glowing things to say about him. He knows you love him...although he will never truly know the extent until he has kids!