Monday, June 15, 2009

The Parade!!!!



What a beautiful day for a parade!! 72 degrees, bright blue skies and a little bit of a breeze......so, I went and got my cast off and the stitches out from my surgery, and T. and I headed downtown... Cindy Lou was at a sleep over last night and went with her girlfriends, Cubby is STILL in Buffalo at my Dad's. It was soooo great to spend the day with T.!!! I don't skateboard, play golf or xbox 360, or ride dirtbikes....so I have a hard time getting any time alone with him these days. And what's a parade without a souvenir tent?? There were tents with all of the new Stanley Cup Champions t-shirts and hats.....



Here we are in our "spot" for the next 3 hours.....all I kept thinking was..."I better not have to go to the bathroom or we'll never get back here!!!"




Cindy Lou got downtown about 9am ...they were right on the corner of Stanwix St. and Blvd. of the Allies....we didn't arrive until after 10, and there was NO chance of squeezing in with her. But we were quite happy with our view.....



The city is getting pretty good at throwing a parade for our winning sports teams....having just had one 4 months ago for the Steelers when they won the Super Bowl. They estimated the crowd to be about 375,000!!! They set up the Jumbotron at the stage and played highlights of the games and interviews....but what's up with those cheesy balloons?????? Next year they need to put me on the balloon committee!



This is a pretty good shot of Sidney Crosby and Andre-Marc Fleury...I was just holding my camera up as high as I could and snapped away....and I just want to say that my camera has an 18x zoom, so we really weren't as close as it looks!



Here's one of Sidney and the boys....he's giving a few words to crowd.....and look at how happy Mario looks!! The first person ever to win the Stanley cup as a player and an owner!! I'm wondering what they did after the parade???? Do they all head over to Mario's house for a pool party??? Someone brings a slushie machine for fun drinks??? Cake??? hmmmmm, they need to put me on the after-party committee next year too!!! Thanks so much guys!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Joy Beadworks said...

Oh, thanks for the pictures. My boys would surely be THERE if they weren't here!

Julie said...

the parade was great...they have those balloons on the elevators in the steel building too and they just keep getting in everyone's way....haha