Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Was Just Doing Some Errands.....



I dropped T. at lacrosse practice Monday night and was doing some errands when Cubby called me...in the cutest little voice ever, he asked me if he could get a baby duck. I didn't quite hear him...I thought he said "dog"...but he clarified it and said DUCK. I just couldn't figure out where he was, who he was with or what was going on.....my mind was racing as I was trolling through the aisles of Target. I had just left him at home with Cindylou and Chip 15 minutes earlier. Weeeelllll.......they were in Tractor Supply and falling in love with two very adorable ducklings. In the blink of an eye they got food, a feeder, a water supply thing-y, a big silver light and a red light bulb....they raced home and got things set up before I even checked out at Target....this was the picture they sent to my Blackberry!!

Yep, if you look closely you can see they are in CindyLou's room!!!!!!!!!! They made their home in a big Rubbermaid bin and had it upstairs in her bedroom! For REAL!




A minute later they sent this closeup of the little darlings. Seriously???? According to Cub they don't need any water for 4 weeks....then all we have to do is find them a pond and let them go. But he has already figured that we have a TON of food and they're hardly eating anything...so we'll have a lot left over and we can just get new ducklings every 4 weeks after we release the previous pair. That way we will never be without ducklings!

They are truly making themselves right at home. Last night they went for a swim in the Jacuzzi tub in my master bathroom...and they used my pretty towels to dry off! If you're sitting there reading this thinking,"Wow! The Treatgirl has lost total control over there" You're right! I swear I will NEVER leave Chip home alone with these kids AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

The Strength said...

I'm serious about that pond! You must have missed it on your way up my long driveway!!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Oh. My. Gosh. This problem would only happen to you! Take her up on the pond!

alittlebitofscrap said...

a kiddie pool in your future?

Deanna said...

They ARE adorable...

Anonymous said...

uMMM.. How does Cindy Lou feel about STINK?? I'll help you find a pond! We need to call the Mgr. at Tractor Supply and bribe him somehow to NOT re-stock the ducks!

Anonymous said...

Pet ducks? Wow--just when I thought I'd heard of everything;)