Monday, August 25, 2008

Are you ready for some football??



It's that time of the year!!!....the Cheifs started football camp Monday July 28 at 6:30 and it has been a huge part of our life ever since!!!!...practice every night....getting dinner ready by 4pm is a challenge on most days...keeping Cubby happy at practice, getting Sissy to and from karate, and me having to fit in my "Y" time in the morning, making sure the practice pants and jersey are washed and ready to go everyday, team pictures, and spending time with our favorite football families!!!....it always seems very daunting when the season starts....how can I do all this until the end of October???!.......but it always works out and it's so much fun!....this year most of our games are at 7pm under the lights, so it was exciting this past Saturday when we played Pine Richland White....our first game of the season.....the programs were on sale, the concession stand was humming, 50/50 raffle was in full swing and the tent with t-shirts and sweatshirts was set up.....the only bummer is that I'm having problems with my camera functioning in the lighting of the field.....gotta work on that.......the game was terrific......it was tied 0-0 at the end, we went into overtime and got a touchdown and extra point to win!!!.....and so the bracelet tradition lives on.......I made a team bracelet for the Warrior season last year....I put it on every Friday and I take it off as soon as I get home after the game....we won every game!!!!....could it be the treat I made myself has something to do with it???.....we'll see......

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh! That does bring back memories! I am missing it maybe just a tiny bit - maybe. We'll be watching hockey games on Saturdays instead...can I get one of those bracelets? We may need the good luck!

Joy Beadworks said...

Oh the POWER of Positive thinking...