Monday, August 4, 2008

a giant cupcake!



I finally had an opportunity to try out my giant cupcake cake pan......we all got together down at the river to go boating yesterday......it was a get together because my dear niece will be heading off to college in a few weeks....and it's much easier for all 27 of us to say goodbye to her all at once!!!!........I got this cake pan on ebay at the beginning of the summer and have been wanting to test it out for weeks.....well, it didn't go so great.....but now that I've done it once, I think I have the hang of it......it doesn't look like it.....but it's about the size of a big honeydew melon!!!....and just a little FYI......if you plan on taking it 25 minutes away, frost it when you get there!!!!.......I had to hold the plate with the cupcake on it on my lap for the ride, holding the top of the cupcake cake with my forefinger and thumb so it wouldn't shift the whole way!!!....and if anyone would like to borrow the cake pan let me know!!!!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Wow! It looks fantastic! I may have to borrow that pan for the next special occasion! Remind me to show you Annie's quilt the next time you are here. You'll love it!