Thursday, August 14, 2008

english muffin pizzas



I remember making these when I was a kid....I think I saw how to do it on the t.v. show Zoom....but I had forgotten about them until recently.....a friend mentioned that they were on a roll with them in their house....the other night as I was getting ready for bed they popped into my mind because I'm trying to think of some things for dinner for the next few nights that I can make without going to the store...we're leaving on Friday and I want to use up what I have....I remembered I had 3 or 4 english muffins, the can of sauce, and some leftover mozzarella from the manicotti I made Sunday....and bit of stick pepperoni........we love our pepperoni ground up in the food processer, just like at one of our favorite pizza places....Sir Pizza......(that's the bowl full of stuff that looks like dog food in the picture above....:).......well, I assembled the ingredients and the kiddos got busy........my sister in law got me a Pampered Chef baking stone for my birthday.....I'm new to stones and it still freaks me out that you can't use soap and it doesn't look like it's totally clean......but it worked great, because it made the bottoms pretty crispy........they turned out wonderful and everyone agreed they wanted them again!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Baking stones will look really bad after a while but that is normal. They are great for Pizzas! I haven't made eng muffin pizzas in a while...you can also make a thinner crust pizza by doing the same thing on top of pita bread and then cut into wedges...mmmm! Have a great weekend!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Oh gosh! Zoom! I used to love that show!!! Also, Big Blue Marble, Electric Company, and The Bugaloos. and Sigmund the Sea Monster...what was it called?

Barbara said...

OMG I loved watching zoom!!! lol