Tuesday, August 5, 2008

love what you do....

.....do what you love. A friend has this printed on a t-shirt and I've been thinking about it for a few days now.......it is so simple......and it should be so easy.......but in a nut shell I think that's why I am so stressed out these days.........I love to do so many things and I truly don't have enough time to do them!!!......things that should be enjoyable and relaxing.....are constantly calling me.....and the days and weeks have been going by and I just can't seem to fit anything in.......scrapbooking is the big thing thing that I would love to spend a weekend, or even an evening doing ....and during the summer months I just can't get to my craft room......I have a few subscriptions to some favorite magazines and I'd love to sit for an hour or two on the patio and flip through them.....nope!.......go to lunch with a dear friend whose birthday present I've had since APRIL!!!!......but she's just as busy as me!!!......don't get me wrong...I'm not sitting on the couch eating bon-bons.....I am doing a lot......going to the Y is a true priority and I won't let that go......and having fun with the kiddos during summer vacay....all the yard work since my husband shattered his ankle...watering the flowers....keeping up with this blog....selling crap on ebay .....cleaning/laundry/going to the store etc....and now that football has started I'm at the field for two hours every night....but at least I'm cranking out knitting some mittens while I'm sitting there!!!...I just keep staying up later and later......trying to fit some "Pam time" in when the house is quiet......I will always try to love what I do, and do what I love....life is too short not too!!!!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Do what you love...love what you do...and try to savor each moment. It's hard sometimes when you're in the thick of it...to balance it all... and to get enough sleep! I haven't been there lately but look for me at the Y this fall - I admire your determination and consistency!

Joy Beadworks said...

There is beauty in the daily details. I think we all have trouble seeing it.
I'm not sure that we will ever be "done" with anything. I try to be thankful that there is still laundry, grocery shopping and cleaning to do...otherwise, I wouldn't be here.

Rest assured, sister, there are a lot of us seeking happiness.