Thursday, May 21, 2009

preschool graduation



My baby graduated from preschool tonight......and needless to say the tears were flowing!!! When he was born I would hold him and think how I wanted to savor every moment he was little...milestones came and went....yet preschool seemed so far away. When he started I couldn't believe it. I would race around during the two and a half hours he was there getting errands done, cleaning, wrapping christmas presents.... These last few weeks with his last day approaching didn't seem real......I just wanted to slow them down....I knew what was coming.....my older two graduated from this preschool as well. The miniture graduation hats, the slide show with picutres of them through the year. But when I turned and saw them all lined up ready to walk in the tears started. He was so happy and proud.



So I just want to say......let them be little....let them laugh and giggle, let them play with play doh and bubbles, say yes more often, read to them, take lots of pictures, have popsicles for breakfast,put the sprinkler under the tramp and let them jump, let them sleep in the middle.....it's okay...they're only little for such a short time.

4 comments:

Joy Beadworks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joy Beadworks said...

By the look on Cubby's face, the moment was only big for YOU! Happy Graduation. That pre-school really knows how to pull the heart-strings.

mom of 4 boys! said...

Yes, let them be little is my theme too. My buggers are getting big so fast. I am tearing up just writing this post!! There goes a tear drop---

Jennifer Juniper said...

I love that song "Let them be little", you should google it if you don't know it. You will cry :)