Thursday, December 3, 2009

Finally!!!



Wheh!!!!!!! It took me almost TWO days to decorate the tree this year!!!!!!! The only thing Chip had to do was get the tree out and set it up....well...it's one of those "pre-lit" trees and the bottom 2/3's wasn't working. He got very frustrated...as most guys do when it comes to those little white christmas lights. And left it up to me....it took over 6 hours to get the broken lights off.....my finger tips were raw prying off the clips and wire that held them in place. Then it was a trip to Home Depot to get new lights.......thankfully getting them back on was a ton easier.




Then Cubby and I spent all morning putting on our favorite ornaments. I looooove all of my ornaments but my tree just isn't big enough for all of them so have have to rotate a few. So for the next few weeks we'll be loving the warm glow of our tree...I just love being all tucked in at night with the tree lit. Before too long it will all be over. :(

7 comments:

Deanna said...

I hope you saved some room on that tree for four more ornaments! It's just gorgeous!

girlinthesticks said...

Your tree looks wonderful! I can't wait o get ours, it's funny though cause hubby and I have the same argument every year when putting the tree up!

Jennifer Juniper said...

That's right! You need to save room!

We're cutting ours down this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hoo boy did you load that down with decorations! Lovely work!

Wendy said...

I hate christmas lights ~ and amazingly enough all of ours worked this year when we pulled them out. Hopefully our luck will continue! Your tree looks GREAT!

Joy Beadworks said...

Oh Treat, MORE than 2/3 of my pre-lit tree doesn't light. I just slather the white lights on OVER the ones that don't work. The tree is so junked up (er, um decorated), that you can't even notice!

GerberaGirl said...

I love having the tree up. Gigi and I always get it up the day after Thanksgiving. I love having all the lights off but those on the tree. So warm!!!!