Saturday, December 19, 2009

I'm So Happy For Me...I Made Sugar Cookies!



I know for many of you making sugar cookies is easy-peasy....but for the treatgirl...not so much! I've tried several times....and like I've complained before, I've had NO SUCCESS in the baking department until my sister got me Minnie (my pink Kitchen-Aid mixer) for my birthday. Weeellll...things are different over here! I'm soooooo happy!!! It was a huge success for me to have them turn out! I can't believe I was so stressed out about BAKING COOKIES!! But as I crossed things off on my master Christmas to-do list....it kept getting me closer to "baking day". I hadn't even settled on what recipe I wanted to use for my cut out cookies. I kept asking all of my dear friends for their recipes...I know this sounds strange, but I felt like I had to hit on the perfect one the first time...kinda like when I go to a restaurant for the first time and agonize over what to order...because I have this weird hang-up that I will order that same thing EVERY time I go there....anywho...after days of deliberation I settled on my friend Amy's sugar cookie recipe...I haved loved these since the first time I tasted them over 20 years ago! She was my first inspiration when it came to baking and I'm just so happy my cookies taste the way I first remember hers to be. I remember her walking into Cindylou's 2nd birthday party with a whole tray of "2's" frosted in pink. They were scrumptious and it made me cringe to see all of my little nieces and nephews gobbling them up! With no appreciation!! I wanted them all to myself! She wrote this recipe out for me years ago and I've never made them...until now.



Cubby couldn't wait to help! Can you believe I didn't even own a rolling pin or cookie cutters???! I had been using the rolling pin and cutters from our play-doh kit! No wonder my cookies weren't turning out...so I got us a big assortment of holiday cookie cutters...40! to be exact, at Joanne's....and we got busy. Of course he had to put his apron and hat on. Chip freaked out when he saw the hat...but Cub got it out all by himself... And I think he looks too cute :)



I was starting to get really excited at this point....I didn't burn them either...just the frosting and decorating yet to go....



Jennifer Juniper shared her recipe for her frosting glaze...just 3 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla and 3 Tablespoons of milk. The glaze hardens so the cookies don't get stuck together. Cubby noticed that frosting them and putting the sprinkles on is like "gwittering"....he's right! As you can see we made a delightful plate full. He knows Santa Claus will love ours the best :)

7 comments:

Wendy said...

How CUTE is Cubby? LOVE the hat! The cookies look so yummy! I am a sugar cookie lover and haven't made them yet ~ well, not since we made pumpkin ones for halloween anyway :)

alittlebitofscrap said...

They look great and that Cubby, CUTE! :)
I've never made sugar cookies, so I'm impressed!

Deanna said...

They're beautiful! I can't wait to try this recipe! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I love your cookies! One day I will move away from chocolate chip cookies & try sugar cookies at the very least.

Jennifer Juniper said...

You did it!!! Yay!

Anonymous said...

That is sweet. I've learned the secret for me and sugar cookies is lots of flour.

Joy Beadworks said...

Oh Man, I have to make sugar cookies tomorrow....what kind of mother am I?