Thursday, December 10, 2009

Greetings from Dubai



Dubai is situated on the Persian Gulf coast of the United Arab Emirates. It is directly within the Arabian Desert. It has a very hot and dry climate...the summers are hot and windy and the winters are warm and short.



Their economy is built primarily on the oil industry. Arab food is very popular...and Arabic is the official language. I have to admit...unitl about three and a half years ago I knew nothing about Dubai...That is when my sister started a project there on a 30,000 square foot Villa. She has been travelling there every month... spending a week to ten days a month working on this project. She has her own interior design group in Vail, Colorado. With an offices in Vail, London and one opening soon in Dubai....click HERE to check out her website.....she has some amazing pictures of some of her work in her portfolio. Anyhoo, in her travels she has been kind enough to bring back some fun things.......



....like this super cute camel tree ornament!! Who knew???



At Thanksgiving she was returning from Dubai and brought some of our Aunts and Uncles coffee mugs!!!



Those people in Dubai think of everything!!!



She brought me this cute little wooden bowl and scoop....I'm not quite sure what to use it for....but if you have any ideas...let me know :)



And what about these fruit picks??? Every girl needs a set of these!!



Can you guess what these are????



Pens!! She sent these for the kiddos when they went back to school. Nobody else hade the same ones!!!



Last year at Thanksgiving we were in Florida when she came back and met us and brought all the guys baseball hats from the country club there.



Another quiz....can you guess what she brought me???



A super cute tape measure for my knitting bag!!!! What a thoughtful sister she is!!! She works soooooo hard 365 days a year making sure every detail for her clients is accounted for.....and still finds time to make all of us happy too...thanks for all of the treats sister!! :)

7 comments:

alittlebitofscrap said...

You could use the cute bowl for coarse grain salt (sea salt) for cooking? That's what I'd do :)

Wendy said...

Very cool! What a sweet sister!

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

I was thinking sea salt or kosher salt...What fun gifts esp the cute tape measure-priceless in the bag and the PENS!! What a show and tell!
In love your gma's ornaments in the jar. It is a great idea that I will copy. We have my Mom's ornaments and I would not want anything to happen to them-besides, we have enough on our tree that these need a special place.
Thanks for your sweet comments about the couch (wish you could come on over)and Dickens-I have had it in so many places-you'll find a spot-start small and go slow!
~Nancy

sassy said...

I love hot places-it's -48 with the wind chill today. Skin freezes pretty quick but we still had to go to costco, superstore and out the mall! brrrr-your post warmed me right up!
as for the dish...sprinkles! mmmmm!

Anonymous said...

Those are the most unusual and CUTE souvenirs I have EVER seen!

Joy Beadworks said...

How nice of your ister to remember you all with such great gifts. It just goes to show that you can find really "special" things the world-over.(like those mugs). Those pens HAVE to be collectible..don't kids collect them?

Jennifer Juniper said...

Oh my gosh, she gets you the craziest things there!