Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy December!!!!



Happy December to all my favorite peeps!!! Sorry I've been slacking on my cute little blog lately....I've been BUSY!!! First...let's recap Thanksgiving...I went away for five days with all of my relatives on my Dad's side...we all met at a big, huge seven bedroom house...arriving from New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Alabama and Dubai! Here's the recap for that....we ate, we drank, we played games, we laughed....repeat for November 24,25,26, and 27th. What a blast!! And we got six inches of snow!!! Upon arriving home....I unpacked, did laundry, got the wreaths up outside, the decorations up inside, finished my christmas cards, got a big chunk of my shopping done...I just need to put the tree up when Chip comes back into town and do a few fun crafty things......I must say....I'm feeling pretty good about the whole holiday situation....which is how I like my December....get as much done before the 5th, so I can play, have fun and enjoy the whole season...and as you can see Cubby found his favorite Santa hat as we were unpacking the bins.



Here is one of my favorite things at Christmas time...a cookie jar my sister in law gave me in 2005. I'm so excited to really bake cookies this year. Since I've gotten my pink Kitchen Aid mixer "Minnie" I've been having success in the baking department....with of course the inspiration and special instruction from one of my soul sisters, Marzipan. I will share my progress over the next few weeks....I have a few goodies I'd like to whip up..unil then,I just put a box of Keebler Jingle cookies in it....I always have to have just one box of those every year....it brings me back to when I was little.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Haha yeah, like 2 days before we went to West Virginia, Dwight and I were in Wegmans and i saw the huge mountain of jingles. I was like yayyyyy!!!! lol. It's always official when the stores break out the jingles.

alittlebitofscrap said...

Yeah, I'm hoping to get all the decorating done by the end of this week :) It's my favorite time of the year!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Cute new blog side bars :) Glad you're home!

Anonymous said...

Happy December right back at ya! I covet your cookie jar--I am a slave to all things snowman.

Joy Beadworks said...

Umm..I don't know what Jingles are. I guess I should look around every once in awhile instead of just dashing into stores with my list!