Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What is it Wednesday????



This week I have some of my treasured ornaments from my Gram. I love that they are safe and sound in my pretty canister.....because they mean so much to me I don't really put them on my tree anymore. I know it sounds crazy...but several years ago when we lived in our old house that had all hardwood floors, our tree fell over and some of my most favorite and sentimental ornaments shattered. It took me days to get over it...so many of my ornaments mean so much to me....so every year I set these older ornaments from her in a pretty glass hurricane....so hopefully they will remain safe and sound forever!!

5 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

They really are beautiful in there. You can see the detail so much better than on a tree!

Deanna said...

It's amazing just how many pieces they can shatter into. These look beautiful ... I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

That is a very lovely and SAFE way to display such antique treasures! How pretty.

Wendy said...

Very pretty. We too had our tree tip over on our hardwood floors a few years ago, and I spent days trying to glue my favorites back together. Needless to say everytime we've put a tree up since I remind my hubby of that wonderful event ;)

Joy Beadworks said...

That's so sweet. What a great ...and safe...way to display them!